Saturday, December 25, 2004

Happy Christmas and a Merry Festivus

Well, its that time of year again. Time for meeting with the relatives, and hating every moment. Fucking christmas. Its a day where I get to go meet with family, only to realize just how different I am, and how I dont fit in. Then comes the fun part: making them believe that I do fit in, and that I am one of them. Ah well, whatever. It was'nt all THAT bad. I mean, I did end up with 60 dollars more than I started with, and a new white t-shirt from foot locker. I did get to see some of my cousins I like, and I got to scare the hell out of some I dont. I also managed to get away from the people and be myself for a little bit, if only while on the phone. Oh, I also got to see my uncles new house (work in progress). Its absafuckinglutely amazing! I loved the place. Its gorgeous and huge, and it has a GIANT back yard. I mean, the house is HUGE, and the backyard is 3 times that size. The house has a bar, a sauna, and all that good stuff. But you know what's even cooler? Knowing that my uncle put in so much time and labor and sweat into building something that hes proud of. It really makes me happy to see teh look on his face and in his eyes as hes showing me around, telling me, and showing me, every thing hes done. Theres a huge sense of accomplishment that beams from him. I hope to be able to have that look in my eyes, one day. I just want to one day have that look that says that I did something that I horribly proud of. Only time will tell. Well, in the spirit of Christmas, or whatever pagan belief you may have, I wish you all a good time, and good luck. Take care, and enjoy your holy days and holidays. Remember not to eat more than you should, but to finish what is on your plate. After all, there is some starving kid in Africa that would walk 50 miles for that food. END TRANSMISSION.

4 comments:

Bren said...

"Remember not to eat more than you should..." SCREW THAT! i'll eat until it hurts, how about that?

merry christmas:)

alterntivgirl said...

My parents put a lot of work into our backyard, and frontyard for that matter. They're way proud of it as well. Sometimes I wish I felt as strong of a connection, but it takes a lot more work than I'm willing to put in. As for the starving children in Africa, my parents always said that I couldn't leave a grain of rice in my bowl 'cause every grain of rice was produced by the sweat and back-breaking labor of a farmer.

kolors said...

"If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish, he'll eat for a lifetime."
-Anonymous

Chew on THAT!

On a different note, I think that EVERYONE is trying to "make them believe that I do fit in, and that I am one of them." I certainly tend to feel that way. I'm a theater major amongst teachers and engineers. Oh well. At least my mom's a music major.

kolors said...

Such an American way to twist the quote.