Sunday, March 05, 2006

Another Desert Photo


Another Desert Photo
Originally uploaded by Bringer of the Dead.
This is another photo I took while camping in Anza Borrego. I remember, it was so windy, that I could barely walk into the wind that day. My clothes would whip around me as I stood there. Everyone was sitting on cars as the sunset was coming. We eventually decuded to leave the place we were shooting sunset from. As we were leaving, I saw this radio tower. I thought it looked pretty cool, but I only had a about a minute or two before the sun's light was too far gone to be usable for a handheld photo, so I told Brenda, who was driving, to pull over. I knew what I wanted the shot to look like in my head, and when I jumped out the car, I knew I was in the wrong place. I was too far away, and too close to the road. So I jumped the fence that devided the highway from the desert, and started running. I pretty much sprinted to where I wanted to be, is easier said than done when running on desert sand in what was near darkness. When I got there, I took the photo. The original photo barely exposed enough to be usable, but it was enough. This is what came of it. Enjoy.


By the way, I just opened an account with flickr, and I am testing it. This is not necessarily the new format for posts, but let me know what you think.

***EDIT***

I have decided that flickr does not let me post photos as large as I would like you to be able to see them. It limits the size of my images, and I want to you all to be able to see the images in a larger form, so here it is. Please let me know your opinions regarding image size.

Image hosting by Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was so windy that when we got back to camp, we found our tent wasn't so dome like anymore. the poles had broken in 3 places.

tripod, light stand, gaff tape: check!

redbren

Nellie Bly said...

i love the photo dan! i'm stealing it! oh and i don't like the flickr photo size.