Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Still Alive.

Its been over a year since I last posted. Much has happened since then, and much more will happen over the next year. This last year has seen both opportunity, and loss.

A Ship and a Man (as told by a boy)

Sometimes we find quiet moments where we can finally hear ourselves think. This is almost one of them. Im not a writer. Not by far. I wish I was, but at best, I can only really admit to decently being able to throw thoughts onto a virtual paper. Writing is not a passion. It’s not even a hobby. But sometimes, every now and then, I do enjoy it. Let’s call what I just wrote a preface, and allow us to move into something different.

It’s been loud lately. My mind has been wracked and savaged by the foul seas of drama, and yet here I am, still casually floating along. My sails may be battered, and my hull may have some leaks, but it is nothing that can’t be patched with a little time. Finding the time to work on myself, though, has become increasingly difficult. There hasn’t been a dry dock in sight for ages.

My mind does funny things, sometimes. It sails from port to port searching for some fabled treasure, only to find that at some point, I came back to a port I had visited before. Its a roundabout road, but only until I come to the realization can I really take measures to sail in a different direction. A compass, I find, is useless, as my sense of exploration has a tendency to lead me off any planned course.

So what is one to do? Sail the seas endlessly bound to crash upon the same reef, or perhaps just narrowly missing it again and again? Or does one set a course for calm seas? For now, Ill just let the wind decide that one.

1 comment:

Bill said...

That was undetailed. Suggestive, but not specific.