Wednesday, February 02, 2005

From Bad to Worse

So, I recently reformatted my computer. Luckily, I had time before my computer died to transfer all of my data onto my newest 200 gig hard drive. I reinstalled windows, and my computer was working wonderfully once I got all the drivers loaded and running. A few days later, while trying to work on my computer, one of my hard drives started making a clicking sound. Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click (I actually wrote those out one by one). Uh oh! Turns out one of my hard drives had died. It didnt really matter much to me at the time, because I had just reformatted, and I didnt really have anything that was that important on my old hard drives anyway. Well, after checking the hard drives, it turns out that the hard drive that died, was my newest. The one that I didnt think could possibly fail. My backup. My most reliable. The one with all my precious information. Today, I came home and realized something. My photos were on that hard drive. I almost want to cry. Many of the photos that I wanted to put in my porfolio were there. YES! My brother JUST walked in with a CD for me! It has MOST, not all, but MOST of my photos from the photo trip. I feel happy about that. VERY happy. But still, I lost so much. For those of you who have read my way all the way back, say goodbye to everything that was not within the first 2 days of my sierra's trip. Goodbye to my redrock photos. Goodbye to my portraits, and goodbye to anything put up within the past 2 months. You can still view them on my blog, and in my photobucket album, but there is no way I can print those anymore (at least not nice and big). I am going thru my external drive to see what I have there. At some point I transered photos onto it, and Im hoping it was not TOO long ago. I also really hope that there is some way to recover the photos on my drive. I really really do. Wish me luck. I really need it. Oh lord how I hope I can recover something from it. While looking throgh my old drive, though, I found some things I liked, and never got around to putting up. So here is a nice portrait. After all, just because I have to suffer doesn't mean you shouldnt get to see new stuff. My duty as a photographer must continue. Enjoy.

1 comment:

alterntivgirl said...

=( =( =( =( =( =( =(! BOO! That's so sad! I wanted one of Dan's purty pictures! Ah, well, when tragedy hits you just have to keep in mind that it could be worse. One of my professors is around 80 and he's been taking pictures all his life. About 15 years ago, the the Oakland fires hit, his house burned down, and his life's work was destroyed. At least you have most of your work, and now you should be inspired to take more and better photographs! And you can bet that I'll be making requests when those come out!