Monday, February 21, 2005

Kellie

Kellie is a girl who broke my heart. She picked it up to heights I never knew existed, and she dropped it. She didnt do it on purpose. She was just learning to walk, and suddenly she tripped. She fell hard, and hurt herself pretty bad in the process, but she also broke my heart, which she had for safe keeping. That's why you should only hand your heart to people who are steady on their feet. Luckily, I was able to pick up most of the pieces and rebuild my emotions, even though it took a while to figure out how it all worked, and where it all went. To put it all back in its place. Unfortunately, I found most pieces, and not all. Some were broken beyond repair, and others were lost completely. That is why I still have holes in my heart, and I find it impossible to hold as much emotion as I used to. There are holes in my heart where the blood flows through, but only if I let it. It is something I learned to control in order to survive. So what do you do when someone you love breaks something as precious as your heart? You tell them its okay. It wasn't their fault after all. It was my fault for entrusting my heart to a person who stumbled. Sure, she never fell while I was around, but only because I always held her firmly by the hand. And then, I loosened my grip, and down she went. So although I forgave her, I could not entrust such a treasure to someone I could not trust. Maybe, just maybe, she would regain my trust one day. Maybe, but probably not. And, although I forgave her, I resented her. How could she have dropped something that was so precious? How could she let it slip so easily, when she knew what it meant to me. What it was to me. So instead of forgive and forget, I only forgave. Instead of moving on, I hardened and stood still. I was cold and uncaring, like a marble statue in the rain. I isolated myself in my own world, and shielded myself within a storm of emotions. I was the eye of the tornado. The calm in the center of the chaos. Peaceful and passive, but unapproachable. It was then that I noticed her pain as she continuously tried reaching through the searing winds. I reveled in it. I wanted a clear message to be sent across: "You are not welcome here." She fought and fought, but I resisted. And the harder she tried, the harder I tried to forget who she was. She fought her hardest, and I blew a gale that was stronger than ever before. Eventually, she tired and gave in. She was swept away, and she went along with it. As unwilling as she was, she went along, because father nature knows best. But father nature was careless, and in pushing her away, he shoved too hard. She flew away much farthere than he ever meant for her to go. I distanced her more than I ever wanted or meant to. And now, with so much distance between us, it is difficult to communicate. We hardly ever talk, much less see each other. Remarkable how easily and violently our bonds were ripped apart by such a cataclysm. Like a nuclear explosion that rips apart the atom. But the explosion is now gone. The debris has settled, and the radiation has subsided. I think it is safe to say that the worst is over, and perhaps the land is now rehabitable. Perhaps it is time to move closer. Not close enough to hold my heart, but to hold a conversation as what we were long ago. Two creatures of the woodland. The river and the earth. The mountains and the sky. Interacting together on a regular basis. To be friends, again. Like we were in the days of chemistry at Pali. To annoy you now, as I did then. I hate losing good friends, and you were, and are, amongst the best. And so, I take the first step towards the renewal of a withering oak. I hope you'll meet me halfway there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Friends come and go in your life. But it is always worth something to try to keep them. Fate has a funny way of playing with us humans. When you least expect it, your emotions will be confused once again. Just choose and have no regrets. That is all we can do.
Your heart will heal, even though scars will keep you thinking...

-burrito

alterntivgirl said...

You're brave Dan, but be careful. Just remember that you're going to be opening yourself to a world of pain again. Sometimes, even friendships weren't meant to be, and unless there's a commitment on the other side to really give it a try again, forgetting all her bitterness and resentment towards you, it might be a one sided attempt. She hurt you but you hurt her as well, that's a hard thing to overcome from both ends. She might never forgive you, and even if she thinks she does, there maybe be ackwardness where you've never encountered it before. So while I'm happy that you're giving this all a shot again, as it shows that you can rise above the past, if it doesn't work, don't push it. If it's meant to be, it'll happen naturally. If it's not, then it's not.

Anonymous said...

You both were young and needed to bloom. Kellie also needed reassurance daily that you were there for her, when that was lost in her mind, she felt alone and scared. Dan you were the strength Kellie so needed. The happiness you projected to her was the best. Kellie let go with you as well, her pain from loosing your heart was divesting to her, but I feel all can be returned in this case, cause nothing done was an intent that was truly cheating, or meant to harm the other. You both need to really think what you are loosing if you do not make mends and let nature take its course. There is too much between you to destroy this true love.

Kellie needed to focus getting her health together. There was so much for you both to deal with new surroundings, new world to adjust to and to discover. There was nothing done by either to put blame, but hopefully you both realize that true deep love is so rare to find, once you know that it is , never let non important happenings keep you both from staying together…That is a crime a mistake you both will regret for the rest of your lives.

Kellie, on the other hand, I hope soon will realize her beauty inner and out, for she is amazing intelligent young woman. You brought out her best humor, and charm. Kellie with all her talents, you gave her the confidence to let them be expressed.

Mr. Dan is the personality, handsome look charm, and intelligence that Kellie needed and I think still needs. I pray that when all is done, you both realize, come to your senses and realize you were happiest together and will return again to one another.
Dan you needed to focus and get your direction together in life, as you did.

Friends and loved ones always need to make their intents very clear. If one feels the other no longer cares, they look else where to fill that missing part. Avoid misunderstandings by talking clearly with each other.
I just warn both of you……you can meet a million mates but ones like you were rarly come along….do not regret it all your lives and miss each other special love you have and feel.

A friend of both