Thursday, September 25, 2008

Prelude

Well, it seems the paperwork for my Chinese visa is in the works. I should have my visa by Monday. The closer it gets, the less real it seems. Regardless, I feel this trip will serve to better myself. It seems I have at least one more journey to embark upon (I am really hoping for 2, but I have to convince someone to go with me on the second) while here in the U.S. I will be going to the Eastern Sierras this weekend with one of my best friends (see http://www.nickspeaks.com). This means that soon this will once again become a photo blog, and you will not have to deal with my incessant rants any longer; at least not for a couple of weeks.

I will attempt to be thorough with my new blog format, though. I will attempt to describe the photos and tell more about the image than I have in the past, as I am striving for a mixed medium format in the hopes of becoming a better writer and advancing my career. I hope that this will also serve as a bridge with those friends I leave behind while in China. That way, they know what I have done, and will hopefully respond to my tales. So far, I am actually quite happy that I have been able to maintain my weekly updates. I also hope, for the few who do subscribe to the RSS feed, that I have not become too much of an annoyance. Anyway, stay tuned.

1 comment:

Cat says said...

Let me know when you buy your ticket so I can buy mine and make my plan to meet you. :)