Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Wicked Good Time

Ever have one of those days when something really cool happens, and you cant help but replay the event over and over in your head? Well, if you haven't, I highly recommend going to watch the musical "Wicked", so you can experience the feeling for yourself. Long after you leave the 3 hour show, you will be singing the songs in your head over and over, and even when the lyrics fade, the tunes will linger on.

I went to watch the show Wednesday night at the Pantages Theatre here in LA. I know we have all heard how good it is, but musicals are expensive, so we tend to shy away from them. Sometimes, we may feel that we need a friend to recommend something before we go throw down so much money. This is my recommendation.When you go watch Wicked, you will feel it was money VERY well spent. I, personally, want to watch it again.

As a former theatre director, I have truly learned to appreciate how technical musicals can be, and I must say, the sets and lighting in Wicked blew me away. Wicked is one of those shows that has something for everyone. Its got comedy, romance, action and (of course) drama. The acting was great, and the singing fantastic. Some of the choreography I felt was just okay, but most was very well done. Wicked is one of those shows that makes me wonder why I don't normally go watch more live theatre.

To sum it up, go watch Wicked. You wont regret it, and you'll thank me later.

No comments: