Monday, September 13, 2004

A Random E-mail

So, someone wrote me an email asking how long the band has been together and how we all met. I decided to give the story from myview, though it may be biased. Here is the REAL ph7 history. Enjoy.

Well, Nick and I started a band a LONG time ago named
HalfStaff. We sucked. But I knew Nick since 9th grade.
Max I met in middle school. Linda I met in elementary
school. Linda and I lost touch with each other till high
school, when we started riding the bus home together in
the 10th grade. Max and I knew each other, but we
werent really freinds till the 10th grade or so. Nick and I
hit it off since we met in the 9th grade in a computer
programming class. Oh, the fun we had. But NE way,
back to HalfStaff. HalfStaff was formed sometime in our
10th grade year. Or maybe it was 11th. whatever. The
band consisted of 5 members. There was a guy named
david, jesus, nick, linda, and me. Oh god we sucked.
Linda played on buckets. Our amps were stereos, and
our singer didnt know what a note was, much less hit
one. Soon after halfstaff was made, Linda started dating
the Bassist, Jesus. Not good. Problems arose in the
band. We realized david sucked as a singer, and
everyone stopped showing up to practice. Soon,
HalfStaff was me and Nick. I sang and played guitar,
while he made fun of me and played guitar. He was
always the better guitarist, but I always had the better
ear. Well, in senior year, Nick and I decide to start a
new band. I had been in the high school jazz band the
year before, and I decided that there needed to be a
high school rock band, so I pitched it to the music
teacher and he bought it. Ph7 was originally made up of
a guitarist named david (not the same david as before),
a gutarrist named nick, a singer/guitarrist named dan
(thats me), a drummer named adrian, and a guitarrist
named max. Thats right. Max was a guitarrist. He used
to play a mean classical guitar. Now he sux. Also, ph7
started out as a cover band. But NE way, I was the
singer. Not the greatest thing in the world. So were
practicing on misc types of equipment, like a kareoke
machine for an amp, a amp for a PA, etc. Nick and I
were the only ones with real amps, but at least this time
we had drums. So we get max to only use the low notes
on his guitar, to simulate a bass untill he can buy one.
We made max the bassist, cause he wasnt used to
playing with a pic NE way. The guy david, well, he gets
kicked out of the band by the music teacher, cause were
a school band and he can do that. The reason he was
kicked is cause he kept trying to play the drums, and the
teacher hated him NE way. So its down to 4. This singing
thing aint working for me, so max brings in this little
asian girl from the madrugals class. She was the freind
of a freind named Xiao. The little girl was named
stephanie. She lightens my burden, and I no longer half
to sing. You should be grateful youve never had to hear
me sing an entire song. So steph becomes our new
singer, and we become ph7. Wait, what about linda,
right? well, shes not part of the original ph7. Adrian was
the drummer, and he was a DAMN good drummer. the
only problem is, what good is a drummer who doesnt go
to practice? So one day, he really pisses me off, and I
make an ultimadum: either he goes, or I do. Whew. The
vote is in my favor. I get to do the honors of kicking him
out. Dont get me wrong, I didnt hate him or anything. I
liked the guy, it just wasnt happening. So now, we have
no drummer. This is now right before we graduate. So
we start auditioning drummers, and its just not the same.
Adrian was DAMN good. Plus, all the people were
auditioning arent really part of our crew. Theyre not our
freinds or NE thing. So I ask laizy if she wants to try, and
she says she hasnt played drums since halfstaff, even
though those were buckets. Well, we give it a go, and
though shes not as good as adrian, shes got a couple
tricks that we really like. So we keep her. Thats the ph7
you know now. Weve been this way for about 2 years.
Adrian was with us for about 6 months, so I guess weve
been together about 2.5 years.

And there you have it folks. Please, mention if I am missing anything, or comment on its inacuracy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

danny you can't spell

afrobro said...

I don't remember the 'he goes or i go' biz either nigga

Death said...

It happened the day when I got pissed at Adrian about the box thing.