Wednesday, December 31, 2008

'Tis the Season

Contrary to what last week’s post may have led you to believe, I am enjoying my time here in China. It is different, and there are things that I have not adapted to yet, but there is still much time for me to learn. Although it is sometimes difficult to adjust to the… lonesome factor, I constantly find myself talking to people. I don’t think that the problem is the lack of people to talk to (at least for me), but the lack of a stable group of people to talk to. People I can relate to. I am constantly making fleeting connections on a daily basis, but very few of the people to whom I give my contact info to will ever actually bother to get in touch with me. It’s not that bad, though, as I do have a few fairly stable friends; I just wish they didn’t live so damn far.

This, I just realized, is my first post of the year. I suppose that this post should set the tone for the rest of the posts this year, but it wont. The coming posts may or may not be of this nature, but who knows. I’ve been toying with the idea of writing these posts in a fashion more befitting of a publication, but that would take away my ability to say what I want, when I want. The more I think about it, the less appealing it sounds, as I am sure that it would lead to a faster death for this blog.

Lets get into a couple resolutions. I suppose one of my new year’s resolutions is to continue this blog in its current format, although I hope to do a slight redesign soon. I hope to have 52 posts for you this coming year (one for each week, for the mathematically challenged). In addition to that, I hope to do something big with my photography. I wont mention specifics right now, but I am currently working on a couple big projects that should come to fruition this year. There are a few more resolutions that I can think of off the top of my head, but we aren’t that close, and even then, what’s a girl without her secrets?

And now, I’ll leave you with a few late comers to the Christmas game, and a few photos from a bar last weekend. I hope you all have a wonderful new years. May you find pleasure in all things you do.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Nehemiah said...

Nice photo. Colorful.
Interesting resolutions with the 52 posts and the these secret projects. Can we get a sneak peak. I'm also trying to keep up to date with my posts across three various blogs. Oddly enough they're all the same yet very different in their own special way. Keep the photos and posts flowin!