Thursday, January 08, 2009

Passing the Baton

It seems to me that a good way to start the year, is through exploration, so I did a bit of that this last week. A friend and I went to g gallery of sorts that is currently under construction. After we finished the shoot that we went to do, we began exploring the building itself. The building was designed by a German architect, and is of fairly contemporary design. The really cool thing about the experience, though, was wandering through the innards of this building in progress. I think that one of the most amazing things about the inside was the vast emptiness sad sense of exploration I was experiencing. Wandering through the desolate halls and rooms. Climbing unfinished stairways. testing ground to make sure it was solid. 10 floors of this in q fairly large building is like cave exploration, but urban. It almost felt like we were exploring the ruins of a civilization, but truly, its quite the opposite. We were exploring the birth and growth of civilization. This experience has opened up a desire to do more photography of this nature, and though it wont be often, I assure you, there will be more. In the spirit of it all, I leave you with photos of design and architecture (and a self portrait) for the week.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Nehemiah said...

Very interesting description of the building. Could you post some shots. I would like to put an image to your in depth description. Also, nice job on posting your blog update on Twitter. Now, I know when to check for a new post!

machumbi said...

i love these shots. I love photography of buildings & architecture. I also like the self-portrait, I was wondering whether you have changed in any way since i last saw you! You look a bit skinnier, aren't you eating there?! haha. That design of the brick wall with the bronze statues of the kids playing hide & seek is so cool! If i saw that while driving to work I woudl stop in my tracks! anyways. keep uploading photos. they are all so interesting to look at.