Friday, October 15, 2004

Photo Camp, part 3: Sunrise by Surprise

This is the third photo in the series. This photo is a photo of the Sierras during sunrise, shot from the alabama hills, near lone pine. Theres an interesting story that goes with this shot. We woke up at 500 am in order to shoot sunrise at a place known as "the arch", which you will see later on. Unfortunately (or fortunately) we got lost. We had no idea where the hell this thing was, and the sun started shining over the white mountains. A decision was made, and we decided to just start shooting where we were. I dropped my camera bag, took out 2 of my camera bodies and strapped them across my shoulders (my color neg body and my digital body) and I held my 3rd (b/w neg) body in my hand (cause it has no strap) as I started running up this hill we were standing next to, so that I could clear the tree line (seen at bottom of frame). I just kept climbing and climbing, and it wasnt till when I finally got to where I wanted to be that I realized just how high I had gone. Well, i started shooting film and digital as the sun just rose over the white mountains and hit the sierras, but I soon realized I forgot my film in my camera bag. I only had what waws left in the camera, which made me start shooting MUCH slower. Well, out of those, came this. I really like it. Getting down was a bitch.

4 comments:

Death said...

:(

Bren said...

i don't like how the tops of the mountains cut through the center of the frame... but the light and the cloudage is nice.

Death said...

fine, quit whining. Here is a little repost for your angry whiney self. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/bringerofthedead/brenda.jpg

alterntivgirl said...

I likes. I'm a big fan of vivid colors. Soooo...I WANT THIS ONE TOO!