Friday, October 29, 2004

Photo Camp, part 16: The Morning of the End

This is the last of the Digital Photos. This is a photo of sunrise at the Alabama hills, the day we werent lost. I will be taking a short break before starting to scan in the negatives that I have. Stay tuned, Ill be back with more photos soon. Hopefully Monday will be a starting point for Act 2. Hope you liked the digital series, because it was the longest. I will not be scanning in more than 5 or 6 color negs, and 5 or six black and white (if any b/w. depends how I feel). Enjoy it. Also, If you would like any of the Digital ones, mention it in the comments section, so I can talk to you. Or, you can IM me. AIM: bringerofthedead, in case you didnt know. But just start thinking if you want any, and Ill start shopping around for a printer.

5 comments:

Death said...

Mention what part they were, to avoid vagueness (is that a word?). But I know what youre talking about.

alterntivgirl said...

Can I say one more I WANT THIS ONE TOO as it is the last one that I will be able to say for the digital section. By the way, if you're looking for a good printer, I just purchased a Canon i960 for a little over 100 bucks on amazon and the results are absolutely amazing. Like I really can't tell between the printed photographs and real photographs. If you look really really closely under a certain angle, you can see tiny little scratches when printed with cheap Canon Photo Paper Plus. But I printed an 8.5 x 11 with Ilford Pearl paper and honestly it doesn't look different from a developed photograph. You can see the grains from the film...not the pixels from the printer. Oh, and after printing around 25 4x6's and 1 8.5x11, my ink levels hardly dropped. So ya, that's my recommendation. I'd say anything from Canon beats out the rest of the competition as well.

alterntivgirl said...

Oh shoot, I suppose with that said you probably want me to print out your photos myself...well well...um, I wouldn't want to deprive you of your printing talents. So there.

Death said...

Well, the only problem with home printers, is that the ink is not archival, so within a year, there will be a fade in color. I am actually looking for a proffessional printing place, so that the inks ARE archival, and will last throughout the ages.

alterntivgirl said...

I'm pretty sure if you use canon genuine ink it's pretty good...lasts around 40 years or so...not the ages, but close I suppose. Also, Ilford paper is archival. But damn if I have to find you for a replacement in 40 years. You'll probably be world famous and charge me. =)