Saturday, June 19, 2004

Its late

Its late, im tired. Long day today. Who the fuck decided to do have bandpractice at 8 in the goddamn morning? That is an ass time ot do anything, including wake up. I had to wake up at 7 in the godamn morning. It sucked. I had to drive to band practice, but couldnt see shit through my tearing eyes. It hurts to open your eyes, when your eyes dont really want to cooperate. 1 hour of sleep makes a world of difference when you only sleep 4 hours a night. At least its not as bad as when I go snowboarding. I always tell myself that I have to go to bed early those days, but it never seems to work. instead, I go to sleep at 4 and wake up at 530 to be able to drive to the goddamned place. somehow, i survive. After band practice, saw dodge ball. I really wanna start a dodge ball team. That would be the greatest shit ever, except id probably get my ass kicked. traffic was a bitch today. I sat on a 200 foot stretch of street for 30 minutes before I decided to do a u turn. there was nothing wrong with the street, either (no construction, car aaccident, etc.), just a fucked up street. I hate traffic. I really do. I love to drive during the day, on a nice open stretch of road (like a freeway with no traffic) with no particular direction (so long as it isnt hazardous to my health [like compton, inglewood, etc.]). I love, as cheesy as it sounds, to feel the wind in my hair. To drive on PCH and just see a vast oceanscape. One day, I wiant to travel. I want to wander for a while. Just go wherever my whims may dictate. I would love to be able to see the world without having to take a travelers guide with me. I want to see the actual land, and people, not the bullshit tourist crap. On a side note, in case you are wondering about the macabre name for my blog, i have a facination with death. The idea of death has always facinated me. The way each religeous group has their own storie of what happens. I dont know when the facination started, but ever since (though I may not usually look it) ive had a facination with death. I like little relics and symbols of death. I like the obscure. The mideval ideas that are found in books (dragons and wizards and so on so forth). Its interesting how cultures have reoccuring themes throughout all of history, and many of these themes resemble each other so closely that one is forced to wonder if there is a corelation. I find it interesting that many cultures mortalize their gods, so that they can relate better. I see death as an aspect of life. Without death, life has no value. You value your life, and you want to do something with it, becuase after life, no one is really sure what happens. Death is the inspiration and salvation for life. If there were no death, life on this planet would have been wiped from existance long ago. Ill get inot this topic more on some future date. For now, my teary eyes are calling.

1 comment:

Death said...

Well, one of the reoccuring themes is a river or void that one must cross before reaching the netherworld. A couple of these examples are the river Styx, and the more contemporary Purgatory. Other reoccuring themes are guides or guardians of the afterlife. Many believe in a being that guards and/or guides to the enterance to the afterlife. The Ferryman, anubis, st peter, cerrebus, and my memory fails as I try to recall the viking and aztec version. I find it interesting, though, when cultures believe in a form of reincarnation, though. But ill get into all these in a future blog....maybe...