Wednesday, June 16, 2004

My mom sux

Okay, you know those overtly religeous fanatics that try and convert everyone they meet in their suble, coniving ways? My mom is one of those. She usually kinda nice, but is always considering how she can convert someone to christianity. She attempts to spread her religeon throughout the world as if it were a virus that was meant to wipe out the entire human race. Luckily, My immune system has developed an anti body. The plague did not tarnish my soul, though what that means is that she has to constantly try and evolve her methods of conversion so that she can try and overcome my system. So far, I have always been able to fight off the plague, which is usually accomplished through large bouts of screaming at each other, which results in a deficiancy in both of our total effectiveness because of our hurt feelings and simmering anger towards each other. The main problem is, we both think were right to believe what we do. She believes that I HAVE to believe in God, because I was brought up within the church and was a youth leader and so on so forth. I believe that I have the right to believe whatever the hell I want (no pun intended). And so, she is convinced that the devil is taking me, but that one day, I will see the light of God again. I on the other hand, am convinced that there is nothing that can be done, short of a miracle, that can really make me believe in the existance of God. So usually, our antagonism toward the other's beliefs lies in wait, just below the surface of our social bullshit, only to erupt at the stupidest times.
"Clean your mess."
"Okay, In a sec"
"No, now"
"okay"
"You dont respect me"
"Do you respect me?"
"I dont have to respect you, Im your mother"
"Yes you do, because thats how you get my respect"
"You dont believe in God"
"What the hell does that have to do with anything?"

And thats how it starts. They are such pointless arguments, because Im not suddenly going to witness the grace of God, and shes not going to broaden her horizons and understand me any more than she thinks she already does. Sometimes I wonder if its even worth the effort. Probably not.

Today is my brothers culmination. I am not there, because my mom said that all I ever do is play games, and thats what I would be doing now. So I say fuck her. Let her think thats all I do. I didnt go with them. When she said that, I walked over to my PC and turned on half life. I was playing team fortress till they left. (By the way, if you play Team Fortress, visit my at the server called "GirlPower" Its a really good server. Im usually on around midnight.) As soon as they left, I went to get in the shower to get ready. And now, I have to go or ill miss my brothers thing. She doesnt have to know I went.

1 comment:

Death said...

turns out that it was at 130, not 6, so I saw my brother culminate, AND got to see carlos mencia. Today was a good day.