Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A Friendly Update, and She has a Knife

I woke up feeling slightly queezy this morning, si instead of getting up early, I slept untill 11ish. Afterwards, I went to help a friend do some shooting, and did a little hanging out with some of my friends from the restauraunt (which one of my Brooks friends insists on calling "Dan's Harem"). Got some cool new photos of 2 of them. I was walking the streets on the way back, and saw this little girl peeling an apple with a buchers knife. Thats a BIG knife to peel an apple with. I got 1 photo (because thats all she let me take before she ran away), and continued to make my way home. Got here, had my first meal at about 6pm, and started writing this shortly afterwards. Anyway, Im sick of staring at this trying to come up with something else to say. Im just gonna get to the photos. Enjoy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Li Dan - 17 years old

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Fan Deng Yan (a.k.a. Francine) - 22 years old

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
She Has a Knife

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I flash back to the scene in Crocodile Dundee, where he pulls out his knife...

Bren said...

by your classmate's reaction i see that other brookies haven't been "teaching english and learning chinese" as well as you have.

Nehemiah said...

Kinda random but I think Francine's out fit looks really cool. As for the butcher's knife, after reading your entry, she does look freaked out when you took her picture. An engaging story for an engaging image.

Bren said...

am i the only one irritated that she is using a butcher knife to peal that apple? there's no way that she's only taking off the skin- she's wasting food! did you post that to try and give me a panic attack?

Anonymous said...

I don't think that she was just peeling the apple. I've seen some people just slice a piece of the apple and eat it right off the blade. Still freakish to eat it off the blade of a butcher's knife. Maybe she didn't feel like doing dishes and that was all that was clean;)

~burrito

Bren said...

she's not cutting into the apple. the bottom of the apple is raw and you can see pieces of peel on the ground and on the blade. also, dan said that she was peeling it.

Anonymous said...

and I quote, "LINDA... PUT DOWN THE KNIFE." :)

-Bryant