Saturday, November 11, 2006

Nihao!

So,here I am in China. Its really late right now, and Im really tired, so Im going to make this fairly short. I have no idea how I got here. Well, thats a lie. I know how I got here, I just dont know how it all actualy happened, or why I agreed to it. Let me begin by stating that China is a very cool place. It was a 13 hour flight to Beijing from LAX,and then we had a 3 hour lay over, followed by a 2 hour flight to Cheng Du. Its different. I saw a coke can that was advertising WoW. Crossing the street is seriously dangerous. The buildings are not western. And then there is the language barrier. Its hard to do anything, even the simplest of tasks (like getting a locker), when you cant verbally communicate with people. Ive decided that within the next 36 days, Im learning some Chinese. I think the biggest problem in the next few weeks is going to be ordering food. I saw a couple temples today,and I was very impressed. I also went to a show, and was also very impressed. They have a mask changing technique that blows my mind. Maybe Ill touch on that some more later. But today was mostly traveling into the future. It is almost 11pm on Saturday night, while in LA it is almost 6 am on saturday. Ill wake up in a few hours and be a day into the future. With that said, here is one from China. Enjoy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

Bren said...

i assure you that you're not in the future.

glad to see a level of fear and confusion in your writing- means you are having an adventure and will definitely have many stories to remember... that is assuming your memory gets better in china.

i hope you find many shiny things for you to enjoy. i can't really say i miss you yet, but i'm sure it will get too quiet here one of these days and i will. have a safe journey, i'll see you when you get back.

Anonymous said...

horrible horrible WOW people!

You should get a 24 pack for everyone!

~burrito