Friday, November 24, 2006

Spreading the Intellectual Wealth

Today was cloudy, but luckily not rainy. I took my first public bus ride today, and it was about as bad as a bus in L.A. during rush hour. The busses were packed, and people dont mind feeling like sardines. We got off the bus to transfer to a different one, and the next bus that came was packed. We waited 3 min, and lo and behold, the next bus was practically empty, just like in L.A.! Anyway, my destination was the Sichuan Normal University (as opposed to the abnormal one, right?). Its a pretty cool place. They have a wall called "History Wall" which shows the entire history of china, starting from the creation of man. Very cool stuff. I made a new friend there, and my new friend offered to take me on a tour of another couple college campuses. The friend I made speaks VERY good english. She actually works as a tour guide when she has the time, and she really liked talking to me, so she was willing to be my guide for the day. The campuses she took me to are REALLY beautiful. Pity Ive decided to post only one photo a day, because I got many pretty picutures of the University grounds. The photo below is of a library. Notice that it resembles an open book. I think that is some pretty cool architecture. Afterwards, came back to the hostel and learned to make dumplings. Yum. Anyway, the girl I met today (my guide friend) is on her way over to hang out and chat. Hope you like the perty I left ya'll. Enjoy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Open Book

5 comments:

Bren said...

why is it that you don't seem to make friends with any guys? i bet the women just want to marry so they can get a US citizenship.

Anonymous said...

Why am I not surprised that you made another female friend?

Brenda, I was thinking the same thing:)

~burrito

Anonymous said...

cause the ratio for women to men is 3:1. More female friends to make than male. Just simple math. Plus, U.S. Citizenships go a long way towards making friends.

-Death

Bren said...

stop lying. for anyone in tune with the world, we all know that china has a one child limit. we also know that a lot of chinese did everything they could to make sure that that one child was a boy.

the real ratio in china stands: 120 male to every 100 female.

Anonymous said...

hi dan me contaron q antes de venir a mi pais estarias alli.. q bien me imagino te la has de estar pasando.. bueno pues me imagino a de ser interesante china no? creo que tenemos de que hablar cuando vengas si es q asi es.. me alegra tener noticias tuyas.. estamos en contacto y recorda que te estoy esperando.. eunice