Monday, November 13, 2006

Street Vendor

First of all, thought Id mention that none of the photos I post from china will be edited in any way other than sizing them down for web use. Now, on to business: So last night, I was sick for the very first time on this trip. Im sure it wont be the last. I went to eat at a place where you boil your own food, and something there didnt agree with my stomach. But here is the catch, It was soo good, I plan on going again. Screw the sickness. But at getting up at 5am to use the restroom is no fun. Anyway, today, we all went out and bought cell phones. Its nice to be able to easily communicate again. On another note, I thought Id mention that I havent seen any direct sunlight the whole time ive been here. The air is polluted and misty all the time, so the most ive seen is filtered sunlight. On rare occasions, it casts a yellow hue. Otherwise, it is just grey. Im starting to get pretty good at communicating with gestures. I managed to haggle down the price of my phone from 1200 RMB to 800 RMB (there are about 7.5 RMB in every dollar). I was quite proud of myself, as I dont speak the language. Anyway, im getting tired of writing, so I thought Id get to the title of the post. There is a very large ammount of street vendors selling everything from clothes hangars to sim-cards, to fruits, to meats. Its crazy, cause they all ride around on bikes trying to sell their wares. Anyway, here is an image of one. Enjoy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

P.S.I can read your comments jsut fine. Keep em coming. Its good to hear from you all. I cant comment onmy own, though, so dont expect to hear back from me that way. If there are anyquestions. Ill put it in the Post Script of the next update. Nick, e-mail me your address.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like eating food that way. It's fun and good in the winters. I bet that you didn't leave the seafood in long enough.
But good food is good food, even if it makes you sick.

~burrito

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan! Esperamos que estes bien, lamento que te hayas enfermado solamente ten mucho cuidado o puedes agarar food poisoning and thats dangerous mijo. Estamos muy contentos por tu viaje. Todos te mandamos bendisiones de Dios y te amo mucho. Asta pronto Bringer of the Life and Love. -Mom