Sunday, November 19, 2006

An Uneventful Event

So not alot happened today. I got to see a traditional tea ceremony. It was really interesting. Before you drink anything, everything pretty much gets baptized in the tea. The tea pot, the glasses, everything. And there is also a very interesting pouring technique. Maybe more on that later, but I doubt it. Besides that, I spent most of the day with the 4th of my previously mentioned friends, Fan Deng Yan(a.k.a. Francine), and it was alot of fun. She is very delightful and humourous, and we happen to share alot of common interests. Plus, she is very pretty. Her photo does her no justice, but Ive put it off long enough. Anyway, after some dinner, I went to wander at this outdoor shopping center thing named Jinli, and I found another magic cart. So, for the second time, I taught some rubber band magic in exchange for another magic trick. This time I got miniatuire linking rings. Sweet shisnap. I pretty much got a 50 yuan magic trick (thats like 50 bucks by theyre standards) for 2 rubberbands and instructions. Kick ass. Everything was closing down at that point, and I decided to start meandering out, when I came upon a crossbow stand. I shot 20 rounds out of an ancient styled automatic crossbow, and it was fun. I got 19 bulls eyes. Afterwards, I continued to make my way out and heard some music. I followed the source, cause it kinda sounded like kareoke, and wandered into a bar. Inside was a live rock band that was doing a bunch of American covers. I got to hear some Beatles and John Mayer, and it was really fun. I talked to the band a bit afterwards, and made some new friends. After a while, I decided it was startingto get late, and caught a cab back to my hostel. I got the shot below on my way out of Jinli. Keep in mind that none of my photos have been edited in anyway besides a simple resize. Enjoy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Fan Deng Yan (Francine) - 22 years old

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Fan Deng Yan (Francine) - 22 years old

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Jinli

P.S. I just realized I posted a similar photo before, but I still think that this is my favorite photo of the day.

3 comments:

Nehemiah said...

What up dawg!!!
Awesome shots! Seems like you're having quite the adventure.
The starbucks in the above picture is a particularly nice touch. Stay safe and keep up the nice photos. Peace.

Anonymous said...

ooooh!!!
Fran-ciiine!
awww, she's cute.
For the pictures doing now justice, you have to blame the photographer:)

Nice... I guess Starbucks is everywhere, sad, but comforting to know that capitalism is making headways in a communist regime.

~burrito

Anonymous said...

So, you walk out the door, and you are immediately surrounding by hordes of admiring women?

Lucky dog.